Community minded volunteers will work as Garden Helpers in small teams to open the garden to the public. They will receive training and be ‘buddied’ for their first sessions to ensure they feel confident with their responsibilities. This role is vital to ensuring that the newly established garden is widely used by the local community.
- Work in a team to safely open the garden to the public.
- Ensure the garden is tidy and safe for visitors and volunteers.
- Welcome members of the public to the garden and answer any questions
- Signpost people to relevant activities and local services.
- Do basic gardening tasks like weeding, watering, tidying
- Do highlighted jobs from the daily list, if time is available.
- Take a lead role in responding to emergencies.